Saturday, December 1, 2012

The ytpe wirter has it's flaws and i have mine

Here's documentation of an eighth grader's first encounter with a typewriter, at WordPlay Cincy:



The typewriters continue to be very popular, says director Libby Hunter. Adults like them no less than kids (this gentleman is dealing with tangled typebars on the Royal FP).



In other news, WordPlay recently got an excellent new sign for its in-progress Urban Legend Institute store, as part of the CoSign project.



(Photos from WordPlay's Facebook page.)

11 comments:

  1. OH! That looks very cool.... Store you say? Sounds like this person is building their own little wordplay empire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A whimsical store that supports the writing center is part of the 826 model.

      Delete
  2. Gad! This is more readable than what most of my students write! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading about Larissa's experience. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very impressed with this initiative. And I can tell firsthand that the interest on typewriters is universal; recently my youngest nephew asked if he could have his own typewriter. I wonder if there's a similar initiative in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's shaking the table - know that feeling! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CoSign project sounds excellent. Thanks for sharing it, and the unwitting typecast. Fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. I think we could use her statement to describe us all, at least I know my typewriters have flaws and so do I. Loud & shaking table -- welcome to the world of typing. What would it be without the sound? Even my printers (not laxer printers) shake some tables.

    The sign is super.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CoSign project seems to me to be amazing, I wish there was something like this for the youth of Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pork pie hat and a manual typewriter. Man after my heart.

    ReplyDelete